Hand Specialists at Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas
The most common types of hand, wrist & elbow problems that we treat are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - We provide conservative treatment with splinting and injections as well as surgical carpal tunnel release if necessary
- Arthritis (hand, wrist & elbow) - We provide conservative treatment with splinting and corticosteroid injections as well as joint replacement procedures for the fingers, thumb, wrist, and elbow.
- Trigger Fingers - We provide corticosteroid injections as well as surgical release if necessary
- Wrist Sprains - We provide conservative treatment with splinting and therapy as well as wrist arthroscopies and ligament repairs if necessary
- Fractures of the Hand, Wrist, & Elbow - We treat all fractures in the hand, wrist, and elbow. Many fractures can be treated non-surgically with immobilization. However, we also frequently fix fractures surgically with pins, plates, or screws as indicated.
- Tendon Injuries - We treat all tendon injuries of the hand and wrist, from tendinitis to flexor and extensor tendon lacerations.
- Nerve Injures - We treat all nerve injuries in the extremities, from digital nerves in the fingers to larger nerves in the upper arm.
- Dupuytren’s Disease - We provide non-surgical intervention with Xiaflex (collagenase) as well as surgical treatment with partial fasciectomy.
- Replantation of Amputated Fingers - We provide microvascular reattachment of amputated digits as indicated.
- Congenital Hand Defects - We treat virtually all congenital hand defects, including webbed fingers, extra digits, and thumb malformations.
At Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, we are able to diagnose and treat this wide array of hand and upper extremity conditions for both pediatric and adult patients. We currently have two fellowship trained hand and upper extremity surgeons, Dr. Timothy Allen and Dr. Nick Pappas, both of whom are located at our Cross Creek office. Drs. Allen and Pappas work closely with our Certified Hand Therapists at Proaxis Occupational Therapy to provide patients with non-surgical treatment options as well as post-operative care for the various hand and upper extremity conditions they treat. To make an appointment with one of our hand surgeons, please request an online appointment or call (864) 797-7060.For more information related to specific disorders of the hand feel free to visit the website of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) @ http://www.assh.org